1012 Turnpike RoadNorwich, VT 05055MLS Number 4675666
- Sale Price: $1,225,000
- 28 Days Since Sale
- 1795Year Built
Nestled in a lovely meadow setting, 1012 Turnpike Road is one of Norwich's oldest and most significant properties. Circa 1795, this stunning Federal was originally a working farm and has been lovingly cared for, restored, and upgraded over the years by several faithful stewards. The heart of the house is the spacious kitchen and hearth room, with exposed hand-hewn beams, Rumford fireplace, and working beehive oven. The kitchen is large and functional with counter seating, work triangle, and top of the line appliances. Guests can be accommodated on the main floor in their own suite with an updated bathroom. All windows in the original Federal have working "Indian Shutters", a detail that was retained even after the windows were replaced. And tranquility awaits in the large master bedroom, with tons of windows, a decorative fireplace, and sitting area...while the master en suite presents a claw foot soaking tub and Carrera marble throughout. Other features of the property include a large family room, finished basement, screened porch, and stone patio. All systems have been upgraded, including a new septic system, new electrical service, and high-efficiency boiler. The house is serviced by Comcast high-speed broadband and fiber optic broadband is also available. Owner is a licensed VT Real Estate Agent.
Ask A Question
- Parking Spaces2
- Parking DescriptionGarage
- Year Built1795
- Building ConstructionWood Frame
- Property StyleFederal
- Full Baths3
- Half Bath1
- Total Baths4
- Total Rooms11
- FoundationConcrete, Stone
- Square Feet5004
- APX Unfin Below Grade340
- BasementBulkhead, Concrete Floor, Finished, Unfinished
- Heat FuelGas - LP/Bottle
- Heat SystemBaseboard, Hot Water, Multi Zone, Radiant, Radiator
- WaterDrilled Well
- Water HeaterOff Boiler, Owned
- Sewer1000 Gallon, Leach Field, Private, Pumping Station, Septic
- Electric200 Amp, Circuit Breaker(s)
- Tax ReductionNo
- Surveyed Y/NYes
- Docs AvailableDeed, Property Disclosure, Septic Design, Survey
- Property TypeSingle Family
- List Price$1,275,000
- Listing Agent NameEvan Pierce
- Agent NamePierce
- Broker NameFour Seasons Sotheby's Int'l Realty
- Sale Agent11784
- Selling Agent NameLinde McNamara
- Sale Date06/21/2018
- Sale Price$1,225,000
- LM MST WGARAttached
- MLS Number4675666
- Interior FeaturesAttic, Ceiling Fan, Dining Area, Fireplace - Wood, Fireplaces - 3+, Hearth, Kitchen/Family, Master BR w/ BA, Natural Light, Natural Woodwork, Soaking Tub, Vaulted Ceiling, Walk-in Closet, Walk-in Pantry, Wet Bar, Whirlpool Tub, Wood Stove Insert, Laundry - 2nd Floor
- Room 1 TypeKitchen - Eat-in
- Room 1 Level1
- FloorsBrick, Ceramic Tile, Softwood
- Room 1 Dimensions14' 5 " X 15' 1"
- Room 2 TypeFamily Room
- Room 2 Level1
- Room 2 Dimensions18' 6" X 20' 9"
- Room 3 TypeMudroom
- Room 3 Level1
- Room 3 Dimensions9' 11" X 13' 6"
- Room 4 TypeGreat Room
- Room 4 Level1
- Room 4 Dimensions12' 0 " X 18' 6"
- Room 5 TypeDining Room
- Room 5 Level1
- Room 5 Dimensions14' 4" X 15' 9"
- Room 6 TypeDen
- Room 6 Level1
- Room 6 Dimensions14' 4" X 14' 6"
- Room 7 TypeOffice/Study
- Room 7 Level1
- Room 7 Dimensions8' 9" X 10' 6"
- Room 8 TypeBedroom
- Room 8 Level1
- Room 8 Dimensions15' 7" X 14' 6"
- Room 9 TypeBedroom
- Room 9 Level2
- Room 9 Dimensions15' 4" X 14' 10"
- Room 10 TypeBedroom
- Room 10 Level2
- Room 10 Dimensions15' 4" X 14' 10"
- Room 11 TypeDen
- Room 11 Level2
- Room 11 Dimensions15' 3" X 13' 8"
- Room 12 TypeMaster Bedroom
- Room 12 Level2
- Room 12 Dimensions20' 4" X 19' 6"
- Building Number1012
- StreetTurnpike Road
- Elementary SchoolMarion Cross Elementary School
- Junior HighFrancis C Richmond Middle Sch
- High SchoolHanover High School
- Flood Zone Y/NUnknown
- Lot DescriptionCountry Setting, Field/Pasture, Rolling
- RoadsDirt, Public
- Road Frontage511
- Exterior FeaturesBarn, Garden Space, Natural Shade, Patio, Porch - Covered, Porch - Screened, Window Screens, Windows - Energy Star
- Exterior ColorGrey
- RoofShingle - Architectural
- Accessibility Amenities1st Floor 1/2 Bathroom,1st Floor Bedroom,1st Floor Full Bathroom,1st Floor Hrd Surfce Flr, Bathroom w/Tub, Hard Surface Flooring, Paved Parking
- Date Listed02/06/2018
- Delayed ShowingsNo
- Number of Photos35
- View Count63
There is no data available
There is no data available
Copyright 2018 Northern New England Real Estate Network, Inc. All rights reserved. This information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the IDX Program of NEREN. Subject to errors, omissions, prior sale, change or withdrawal without notice. This web site is updated daily.